Thursday, May 7, 2009

Freedom

As I reflect on the past week, since I decided to throw out the scale, I am amazed at the difference it has already made!
I feel FREE...free not only from the condemnation/shame that comes attached to the number on the scale...but also free to succeed. I'm not sure that makes any sense!

Somehow I'm finding that each moment COUNTS with this approach...in a grace-filled, God focussed kind of way...not out of guilt or shame or anxiety about paying for slip ups when I step on the scale.

I don't feel anxiety. I feel peace.

I don't feel shame. I feel healthy and strong.

I don't feel out of control. I feel myself leaning on the Lord, in constant conversation with God asking for His empowerment and direction.

I have been longing to just meet my body's sustenance needs, not going past satisfaction or overindulging. And strangely enough I think I finally feel free to begin to start cutting back portions a little! What a crazy, twisted perspective, isn't it?! Of course I was always free before, but somehow, if I was to be honest and dig deep, I felt resentful about it. I think I'm ready to come at it from a healthy perspective, not feeling put in a corner.

Lord, thank you for this past week. Help me glorify you with my body. Help me be satisfied and content with simply meeting my body's needs. Thank you for freedom! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment