Sunday, January 8, 2012

January 8

Already missed a day right after setting my new goals! Oh well. :-)

New thoughts on my approach towards sugar.... I ultimately would like to have a balanced healthy approach towards sugary treats, rather than feel deprived. I think my new approach will be - enjoy moderate amount of sugary treats during SOCIAL OCCASIONS. So, that means on a regular day I would not be consuming sugary stuff. During social occasions I rarely struggle with eating moderate amounts because I don't want to look like a pig! But afterwards, if I've been hosting in particular, then I often grab something more after everyone has left, part of my habit as a way of finding relaxation. So, that would be outside my new boundaries as the social occasion would be over. I think this may prove to be a way to stay a bit more balanced with sugar for the long run.

Both yesterday and today were not perfectly on target for 0-5 eating. However, I did get to empty a couple times which is great. :-) Also, I confess I did sneak two dessert squares last night in the evening.

Okay, now for blessings.........

Counting my Blessings

15. clean laundry - it's actually all put away!

16. church unity in our city with a city-wide church service this morning. It was so awesome!

17. teachable moments in my life - this fall, through a particular circumstance and how I responded, I feel myself learning a few lessons on extending grace and being sensitive towards others. And, yes, I can say I AM thankful for those teachable moments.

18. dreams. We are currently cooking up some plans for summer travels (which very well may include visitting some orphanages in Mexico again!). I'm getting excited. Praying God reveals His will in all this.

19. hugs

20. naps. LOVE my naps:-)

1 comment:

  1. Nudge, nudge, miss hearing from you this week. Thanks for inspiring me to keep in God's word. Off to exercise, thanks to you. Now, go and do likewise :).
    Monique

    ReplyDelete