Thursday, January 12, 2012

Time flies!

Got back to school & work routines this week. I'm not doing so good with my goals! Thanks for the "nudge" to stay on track, Monique:-)

I have been handing down some of my "skinny" clothes to my daughter. She has lost about 20lbs over the past couple months. She is REALLY in the zone. It's hard to believe! She has simply been eating healthy stuff, and has, of her own decision, eliminated most sugar from her diet. She has lasted through Halloween temptations, then Christmas baking temptations.... I'm really surprised! Anyways, she is now wearing my old favorite jeans (and fits them better then I ever did or ever could!). I can hardly believe I fit those just three years ago! So, I am on a mission to get those jeans back (I told her that) :-) Plus, I think we are going down to Mexico this summer again and I really really don't want to be self-conscious when wearing a bathing suit, since I'll be enjoying beachtime while there.

So, Mission Old Favorite Jeans & Swimsuit Season, is on :-) Plus, I really want to be healthy so my heart is not so burdened with the extra weight I'm lugging around. My point is, I'm movitated right now....at least for today:-) Now I just have to stay motivated for tomorrow and the next tomorrow and the next tomorrow........................

Sugary stuff.
Well, I will generally stick to what I stated in my last post as my new thoughts. Though I think I may allow small treats here and there on occasion as well and possibly allow a mug of hot cocoa (made with real milk and cocoa) more often. We'll see. All I know is that everything I consume in that department needs to be careful, deliberate and conscious.

0-5
I keep making this my aim, though am not always succeeding.

Exercise
Gotten it in three times this week. Two times by walking to and from work. Once I went for a jog with Jon.

Laundry
Laundry goals have been stuck with. I think this Saturday will be a breeze in that department which feels great! I don't have mountains of laundry to worry about! If I can stay on top of it this way, this will make a BIG difference!

Daily Budget
Daily budget updates are not being done. I need to find a way to integrate that as a habit.

Reading through the Bible in a year
Reading through the Bible in a year program is going okay, though I must admit the book of Job is just not resonating with me this time round. Maybe I'm rushing since I did miss a day or two and then have catch up times etc. Anyways, that's that. Need to carve out more time with God I readily admit.

Food Log
I don't think I'm going to bother typing up my exact food log. I have it posted on the fridge and my daughter is checking in on me:-) My food log is folded over held by a magnet on the side of our fridge. I caught her taking a peek at it tonight. LOL Made me chuckle :-) I really have quite the amazing built in accountability partner around here. She even gives me "the" look when I go outside my goals or off track.

Okay, onto blessings, all those gifts that God has planted in each moment of each day.

Counting my blessings......

21. Sweet kids at work. I really love the kindergarteners I work with. Today a little girl says, "I like your shirt." Then a little boy walks by and says, "I like your shirt. I like your hair too." LOL So sweet and cute and out of the blue:-) And then there are all the kids who beg, "Can I come to math today?" (I do math support for K-1) They melt my heart:-)

22. My new piano student. I started with this little one today and she is a sweetie too. Big bright eyes, giggles, secret smiles, enthusiasm bursting from her. Makes me excited:-)

23. A great husband. I was thinking this morning how I would never do anything very adventurous in my life if it wasn't for him! All the adventures we have taken together. It blows my mind! I really am thankful he pushes me out of my comfort zone and that we've had so much fun together.

24. My daughters. They really are precious.

25. Moon sightings. Every morning when I open the curtains I see the moon still on the horizon. The other day I saw the coolest moon sighting. The moon was showing all of itself, a big round hazy ball in a foggy sky and it was sitting right over top of a house. It was really quite a neat sight. God is amazing!

26. Ministry vision. God has blessed Jon and I with more clarity this year. It is a real blessing to be able to sense God's direction for our lives, how He wants to use us. I am thankful for seeing a glimpse of His heart. And being able to serve Him through hospitality ministry.

27. Friends. Tonight I get to go out for a ladies night out. I'm excited:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment