Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Year Goals

It's been awhile since I posted....I know, I know. December was a tough month. I got sucked back into sugary treats, a very long sliiiippppperyyyyyy slope.

But I'm not giving up. I press on. And I'm back to saying no to sugary treats...until June! My last goal was just to make it past Halloween, and I was able to stick with that goal. Now a new goal.

So here are some goals I'd like to set for myself, in no particular order, for the upcoming 6 months.

#1. Daily posts right here on my blog.
I think this will help me remain accountable. No matter how short or long of a check-in, it will keep me on my toes. I'm contemplating even posting a daily eating log....not sure if this would be beneficial or not, so we'll see.

#2. No sugary treats until June.
Primarily cutting out desserts and other high sugar items as I was doing in October/November.

#3. I will continue working towards 0-5 (hunger-fullness) eating.
I know that I need to be present and purposeful in this area. I want to focus on real heart health. I just know that all this extra weight is not good for my heart. So for the next little while, I'm going to try tackling my motivation from that angle. We'll see how that works:-) (I think "heart health" could be explored a bit more. I'll have to chew on this concept and post about it later.)

#4. Exercise 5 days each week.
I'm not going to say how much each time, but I'd like some good cardio workouts and I'd also like to incorporate some weights and toning exercises. I'm going to have to figure out how to squeeze that into my schedule. Right now I'm contemplating begging my husbad to join me on this challenge - at 6:30 each morning. I'm not sure he will go for that! But that would be awesome:-)

#5. Read through the Bible in one year.
I'm excited about this goal. A few of my friends from church are doing this with me. So it will be good to have some accountability and company.

#6. Run a load of laundry a couple times throughout the weekdays.
I'd love to get a better system with this chore. I find I always save that dirty laundry until it is a mountainload of work. Definitely my least favorite and most procrastinated household chore.

#7. Budget updates daily.
I need to create a habit to ensure I keep inputting our spending daily, rather than waiting for it to pile up into a mountain of receipts.......kind of like the laundry:-)

#8. Count my blessing DAILY.
Oh this list is getting long, I know! But I KNOW this is something I MUST do. I can't skip out on this one! I will aim to note 500 blessings in the next 6 months. This one gets me excited:-)

I think that is enough "new" goals to add to my new year. On top of all the other top relationship priorities in my life - with my husband, kids, family, friends and others God may be calling me to. Life sure can be full & fun! Thank you Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment