Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Sidetracked....

...by sickness then busyness lately. No excuse for putting in half-hearted effort, but that is why I haven't been back here lately.

I see a connection between when I am intentional and prayerful (building promise upon promise towards victory) and when I'm passive and trying to just ignore the problem of my extra weight away (compromise upon compromises towards failure).

I feel discouraged. But I don't feel ready to give up. Today the Lord spoke a powerful jewel of a verse to me in my readings.

"The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still." Exodus 14:14

Isn't that a cool verse?! As I read that verse, I was deeply deeply moved. It was one of those moments when I felt God reach down and personally say something to me.

I feel discouraged. I feel like this is an impossible battle to fight....especially when it means fighting this battle every single moment of every single day for the rest of my life. Yikes. That is a daunting task. I'm too discouraged to fight. I don't have the willpower, the strength, the motivation to fight the good fight.

But God will fight the fight for me! That's an amazing truth to let settle into the very crevices of my heart space.

And what am I to do? BE STILL.

On a practical level what does that look like for me?

I think it means I get up early each morning and take that time to meet with God and listen and be still. It means every choice in my day is characterized by a stillness before God, practicing His presence in every nook and cranny of every moment of my day. That thought excites me and scares me all at the same time.

But that is the fight. To be still. Before God. And He will work things out.

3 comments:

  1. I know how daunting the battle can feel day to day. But we only need to worry about the moment we are in!

    Keep up the good fight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I have thought about you over the past year and so glad that you started your blog again. You are an inspiration to me and remind me to seek prayer and comfort in God's word and promises. Prayers for you have continued.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, "Anonymous". Your words and prayers have greatly encouraged me:-)

    ReplyDelete