Sunday, November 6, 2011

THIS moment is new!

I really found TW workbook week 8 intro spoke to my heart. Reading the story of Gideon and insights into that story, hit me in a new way.

"The Lord is with you, mighty warrior" Judges 6:12

I find it quite amazing that God called Gideon a "mighty warrior" when he was cowering and hiding from God. That encourages me. I tend to feel anything but a mighty warrior, but I know that in God's strength alone I am just that! Amazing!

I was also moved by this verse,

"I will wait until you return." Judges 6:18b

God waits for me! I can feel that to the core of my being time and again. I know He is just waiting for me with open arms. So why on earth do I make Him wait?! It's crazy!

And finally, I really appreciated this statement in the workbook,

"You may have 'blown it' a moment ago, but this moment is new." pg 49

More about THAT in my next post..... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment