Sunday, November 6, 2011

Practical Points

Here are some practical (mainly physiological) points I've taken from my TW workbook readings weeks 1-6:

- eat half portions
- watch beverages (they are calories)
- eat really small snacks
- let God have final word
- see how little I can eat
- move the food away
- put the fork down, enjoy the task
- practice leaving food on my plate
- fist size amounts of food
- prayerful fasting
- it's okay to skip a meal every now and then
- create an appealing table setting
- leave food at counter & serve individual portions
- at a restaurant ask for carry out container ahead of time
- reevaluate #5 (satisfaction)
- eating out? skip a meal that day to be at a sure #0 for the occasion
- rehearse for success
- tell yourself you are a "delicate eater" who prefers small portions
- let Go lead food choices
- dress for dinner (essentially don't wear your "fat" clothes to make room for food)
- use a knife and fork for foods usually eaten by hand (ex. pizza)
- coin reward for 0-5 successes
- take a time out when tempted....move away, pray etc
- be thankful
- Resist Satan. Draw near to God.

And the basic building blocks that I need to remember are the....

KEYS TO CONSCIOUS EATING
1.) Eat only when my body is hungry.
2.) Reduce the number of distractions in order to eat in a calm environment.
3.) Eat when sitting down.
4.) Eat when my body and mind are relaxed.
5.) Eat and drink the food and beverages my body enjoys.
6.) Pay attention to my food while eating.
7.) Eat slowly and savor each bite.
8.) Stop before my body is "full."

No comments:

Post a Comment