Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Prayer

What a messy past 8 days it has been with eating. Ugh. I know my blog has been reflective of that heart space I'm in. It is definitely discouraging. However I am NOT giving up! One clear observation I make is that I FAR too often go in my own strength....which is basically on empty! I don't engage in warring the strongholds of these fleshly desires to eat outside 0-5 because I don't have the strength to do it.

And I KNOW the secret to winning this battle is to go in GOD'S strength. And it's not like that conclusion just hit me today or anything! I've known this for years. But to actually apply it eludes me time and again. Sometimes just out of a forgetting habit and sometimes out of outright rebellion.

So here is where I step from today onwards for a time. I'll give account for how this has gone each day because I think it is very important. Here is the step I know I must take....

Every single time BEFORE I eat anything...I will remove myself from the temptation zone and go to my bedroom and pray, approaching the throne of grace with confidence because I trust that God will meet me in my time of need with His mercy and grace and I know He will help me (Hebrews 4:16). I can trust His word. I can trust Him. I trust Him to guide me in this process, each choice, each step of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment