Friday, November 4, 2011

Stand Firm

So a quick update on Wednesday night. I don't feel it was a 100% success in the sense that I didn't reach a strong sense of hunger by late evening. There was a little edge to hunger and so I had some cheese toast, carrots and an orange before bed. If I had been a real clear "0" I would have felt more headway had been made.

I woke up the next day still feeling discouraged. I was frustrated with the # on th scale. I was frustrated with my lack of self control and compulsive nature with food. I was feeling like progress was just not tangible even as I put such effort into being intentional in this area and seeking God's healing.

And God gave me His word as I came to Him broken.

"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery." Galatians 5:1

"...for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose." Philipians 2:13

He said, "Christina, stand firm and don't let yourself be burdened again by the yoke of slavery. For it is I, GOD, who is working in you to WILL and to ACT according to My good purpose."

So I pray God will work this out first of all in my WILL, that He would provide me with the desire to do His will and give Him 100% of my heart space and secondly that He will move me to ACT in doing His will.

And last night I experienced a mini victory. I was going out with some girlfriends to a restaurant. I really didn't know what to order as I am still trying to limit super sugary things from my diet. I enjoyed the company of my friends....and ordered sweet potato fries with a garlic aeoli sauce. Oh my! I didn't feel "deprived" of sugar in the least!!!! :-) And my order of fries ended up being the biggest hit around the table (as I shared them with everyone...another mini victory) and a couple of them proceeded to order them too:-) Praise God for these little blessings and moment of freedom. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment