Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Home again!

I'm officially home! Woohoo! Feels great! I got the suitcases unpacked and most of the laundry is pretty much done going through the washer and dryer. I'm very thankful for God's many provisions over the past month. I learned a lot about myself and my relationship with my family and more importantly with God. One thing I definitely am feeling called to further examine and bring before the Lord for renewal is my predisposition to worry and not trust the Lord. It really and truly comes down to a trust issue. It scares me how I can see it rubbing off on the kids. They get anxious about things so easily as well. I'm glad that God brought it to my attention though.

So we headed off in a huge storm on our drive to Minneapolis back a month ago...probably the worst storm we've ever driven through which prompted A LOT of prayer and choosing to trust God. And then today, on our way back home, we once again drove through a huge storm cell about an hour from home! Go figure! Actually a tornado watch was in effect (unknown to us) which didn't take an expert to figure out as we eyed the clouds. So, once again, we prayed our way through that storm cell. Those two storms have got to be the worst ones we've ever driven through! Once again I know the Lord is teaching me. He is God alone and He is on His throne. As I have been telling my kids lately, us worrying doesn't do any help at all...in fact it can often do harm instead. Giving it to God in prayer and then choosing to see the things to be grateful for and thanking Him for it....now THAT changes things for good!

I'm SOOOOOO ready to be back and at it with consistent conscious eating and with exercise. I am missing routines! And I'm sure I gained a ton of weight! AAHHH. Anyways, I don't even want to step near the scale. I'll just assume I gained and be really careful with my eating.

I'm not sure how much I'll be blogging in the next while...but I just wanted to make sure I finished off our trip to Mexico properly by announcing I arrived home safe and sound, praise God!

2 comments: