Friday, August 28, 2009

Accountability Tool

It's time to press the re-start button once again! So I started another accountability blog, separate from this blog, since it will contain more of the nitty gritty "mundane" details and ramblings of each and every thing I eat:-) I am hoping this public form of accountability will once again be the motivation I need to be consistent once again. I know it was a helpful tool at the beginning of my TW journey.

So, without more ado, here is my first post that is already posted on my new blog, Fresh Start....

---------------------

It's time to jump in all the way! I'm going to aim to be brutally honest from here on in... I have to admit I am filled with a lot of trepidation, but I know that I need to dive in. And I also know my tendency to hide and slip and slide generally decreases when I am serious about being transparent and an open book.

This is only one small part of my life...yet I long to experience the transforming touch of Jesus in this area. More and more I am seeing my similarities to the prodigal son, doing things my own way, gluttonous and really just ruining my own life when I follow my own flesh desires and turn away from Father.

But I know that Papa has His arms open wide. Actually He runs to me. He wants me to stay with Him. He wants me to enjoy all the blessings and provisions that He can offer. Because He loves me.

So I run to Him. I don't want to hide. I don't want to run away. I want to stay right here in Papa's presence, eating at His table, and enjoying all the best that He desires for me.

Will it be easy? I know this is going to be tough because my gluttonous lazy fleshly desires are in overdrive right now!!! But I'm pressing the restart button and starting afresh, in Papa's loving embrace.

---------------------

To check out my new accountability blog, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment