Sunday, August 30, 2009

Counting My Blessings...

I decided to get rid of my "I am thankful..." counting my blessings blog and just merge it here with this regular blog. This will give me a bit more stuff to post about here:-) Plus there is no need for a separate blog when I can label all my "counting my blessings" posts. I put a link to all those posts in the left hand column under "Highlights."

This fall I truly want to practice gratitude on a daily basis. I have felt challenged to make this part of the very fabric of my life, of my attitude, of my heart. This summer I noticed how easily negativity and fear and anxiety could creep into my heart. I found it shocking how little I trusted God. I always thought I did trust Him...but this summer I realized I have not been trusting Him and have been focusing on seeing life through a human lens (make that a worry wart human lens!).

Anyways, that being said, I want to have an attitude of constant prayer, supplication and thanksgiving, all simultaneously happening at once!

So, today, things that I am thankful for....

Good health once again.
I am very thankful for this, just having recovered from a cold. Feels good to be on the mend.


Wonderful family.
We had a nice reunion with my parents and brother and his family a couple days after we returned from Mexico. It was nice to be together again.

My eldest daughter celebrated her 10th birthday.
Time is flying! A whole decade has passed! That's crazy! She is growing up so beautifully. I am thankful for her.

A great guinea pig movie:-)
Okay, we're partial to guinea pigs given they are our pets. They are making a comeback! Woohoo! Just kidding. We went to the movie for my daughter's bday treat...and it was a lot of fun watching the 3D movie.

Church family.
We have a wonderful church family. I'm thankful for the many friends, make that brothers and sisters, we have at our church. It's good to be back.

3 comments:

  1. I agree my believing God was really put to the test when I always thought I sort of had that down pretty well. It's great to see your lovely family and all your blessings. I have so very many as well and you helped remind me of them today. Thanks for that and all your encouragement to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We saw the guinea pig movie too!! Wow, your 10 year old looks just like you!! Daily gratitude, amen! Hope you have an awesome weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Paula, thanks for popping by. This blog is getting more and more inactive each and every day! I just don't have the creativity and giftings that you do to keep my blog in motion! That being said, I HAVE been keeping a daily gratitude journal and it was been awesome! I usually try to write it all down before bed. A great way to head to sleep.

    I hear it all the time that my daughter and I look alike! And interestingly enough, we are also a lot alike in our personalities! Maybe it is a first-born thing...I'm not sure:-)

    I hope you have a great weekend too:-) I always enjoy reading your blog. Keep going, Paula:-)

    ReplyDelete