Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Counting My Blessings...

Being able to count blessings!
Wow, it's been a long time since I last posted on here! I've been thankful, honest! ;-)

Jon got home safe and sound.
He went away for 10 days chaperoning a group of high school students. They travelled to London, Paris, Florence and Rome. Three days after they returned, that big earthquake hit Italy, shaking things up in Rome. I would have been very worried had he been over there during that time.

I survived the 10 days.
I have to admit the time flew by. There were plenty of struggles during those 10 days, but God is so good and supplied my needs and helped me through the time.

Celebrating my youngest daughter's bday.
She is growing up so amazing! Already turning 7 years old! How time flies!


Fantastic report cards.
I have to say I am very thankful that my kids are managing quite well academically and socially at school. What a blessing! One which I do not take for granted.


Spring has finally sprung!
It's so wonderful to breathe in the fresh air, walk around with just a sweater, hear the birds singing, finally see the snow melted. THIS is what makes winter so worth it! We appreciate each new season ever so much more then we would otherwise!


Hand me downs.
I'm very thankful for all the hand me down clothes I've received for myself and the girls. One friend in particular has handed down tons of stuff to us. What a HUGE blessing...and money saver it is! Also, we have a neighbour who graciously hands her daughter's stuff down to us.


A few days of good health for my youngest.
We've had so many ups and downs with her health lately. She just seems to have a chronic sore tummy. I feel like we're finally getting to the bottom of things and I'm thankful that she is returning to her cheerful happy self with much fewer complaints about her tummy.


Watermelon.
Yes, this was on my list way back last spring...but it's on again for good reason...because it is my very FAVORITE fruit! And I got my first one of the season last week....now I'm already onto watermelon #2! Love, love, love watermelon:-)



Ranch flavored croutons and Kraft Three Cheese ranch salad dressing.
I discovered these yummy additions and now am enjoying salad once again. Yummmmmmy!





I'm on the mend.
After battling a bad case of strep throat, I'm very thankful to be feeling better. It's not fun to be sick.



Soul satisfaction.
What more can I say! God truly satisfies! I'm very thankful that He draws me with cords of lovingkindness and fills me up.

A fantastic bible study group.
We've just had such a great year together so far. I have grown to cherish our times together.


New believers.
Oh, they are like a breath of fresh air, like a drink of cool refreshing water.... I LOVE my times with baby christians, or those who are truly hungering and seeking God. I pray God brings many more into my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment