Monday, April 20, 2009

He Loves Me

The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17

He is with me. He is mighty to save.
What a great reminder! This is a truth worth clinging to!

He delights in me.
This is hard for me to fathom. I'm just like a speck of dust in the grand scheme of things, of all the people that have ever lived and ever will live in the future. Yet God DELIGHTS in me. That makes me think that I make Him smile every now and then:-)

He quiets me with His love.
I picture a great big hug, arms wrapped around a child, somehow soothing all the worries and concerns away. It brings the image forth of a mother gently rocking her baby, softly hushing the cries and complaints, singing a soft lullaby in her baby's ear. And before you know it that child or that baby is smiling happily and contentedly up into mommy's face, resting in her embrace. Is that like God and His love for me?

He rejoices over me with singing.
Wow! This one actually feels almost unbelievable to me. First that He rejoices over me. And secondly that He would sing to/for me. It's going to take awhile for me to soak that truth in! It really is amazing to me that He would love me, sinful as I am, in this way.

My husband has been looking at life and faith through the lens of God's immense love for us a lot more then usual lately. He has really been impacted and inspired by another book by Wayne Jacobsen called "He Loves Me." I'm going to have to dig into that book soon because it seems to be affecting every aspect of my husband's outlook lately.

I often think I have no problem seeing life through this lens. Yet, I've been challenged lately. And I have come to realize I can, in no way, even grasp a fraction of the amount of love God has for me...for each and every person.

No comments:

Post a Comment