Saturday, October 24, 2009

Hide the Candy...please!


I asked my 10 year old daughter to hide the mini chocolates from me tonight! We all were having quite a good chuckle out of that. She thought it was great fun! :-) Sometimes Jon hides them...but tonight I thought I'd give her the job...

My kids both know that I struggle with overeating on sweets...as do they to a degree. I hope it doesn't affect my children negatively, to see me struggling with these food issues... I just hope and pray they see that I am aiming to glorify God and surrender my body to Him.

So, in the meantime, we all took a moderate portion of sweets for dessert tonight...3 mini chocolate bars each...and then they got tucked out of sight, who knows where in my daughter's room somewhere!

I find it quite funny how much I trust my daughter... Some parents would NOT be able to trust their kids with a box of like 100 chocolates in their room! But I know my daughter is going to take this job very seriously! :-)

4 comments:

  1. I think you're being an EXCELLENT example of dealing with your struggles out in the open! Maybe your daughter will be able to ask you to help her do the same in the future! (If she doesn't already!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again for the encouragement. And, you know what, she really does try to manage this struggle as well. WE talk very very openly about hunger/fullness eating, good choices, being active etc. And I was very encouraged to see her pack her lunch today by herself...and she didn't pack any treats...instead a bit of potatoes/meat leftovers and a salad and an applesauce! Not bad! I was proud of her:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate...I too wonder about my daughter and her thoughts about weight loss/dieting. We watched The Biggest Loser last night together and did exercises during commercial breaks. I can only hope and pray we are setting a good example. I am following your blog again and am focusing my blog on my weight loss journey with occasional family posts, etc. Hope you have a very blessed day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see you popping in again:-) You have been in THE ZONE lately! I'm so proud of you! Keep going!

    ReplyDelete