Thursday, October 29, 2009

Uh-oh...spoke too soon!


Here I was feeling so good about how I was able to eat chocolate in moderation this week...and then...the door opened a crack and...

WHAM!

I fell flat on my face!

I went out for a meeting after supper...and came back home tired and saw some chocolates on the counter. (My daughter was laxing at her "job"! LOL) First of all, down the hatch went half a cookie (which was also on the counter) - just to "taste-test" of course. And then that opened the door further for those chocolates on the counter. Down the hatch went three more chocolates, for a total of six today. Looks like it will certainly be a miracle if I can stick to FIVE on halloween!

I still feel like digging into something or other tonight. Craving something - sweet or salty.

But I look to the Lord for strength and I will...

STOP!

For His power is made perfect in weakness.

Anyone have a verse that speaks of aligning our hearts with God's? I'm on a search. Because that has been my heart's cry and prayer lately. Some common ones are:

"...the LORD has sought out a man after his own heart..." 1 Samuel 13:14

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind." Matthew 22:37
I'm still on the look-out for that verse which becomes my prayer day and night...to align my heart with His.

In the meantime, oh Lord, help me up, keep me from falling...your Word becomes my prayer...
I trust and believe that You are able to keep me from falling and to present me before Your glorious presence without fault and with great joy - to the only God my Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through jesus Christ my Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen. (personalized version of Jude 24-25)

No comments:

Post a Comment