Saturday, August 23, 2008

Today's the Day!

I'm not sure why I feel the way I do today...but I feel like TODAY is the day to really start fresh and get completely back on track. (maybe I'll be eating my words later...hopefully not!!) It just feels like something "clicked" and I feel like I am truly ready to commit. So, hopefully that's not just a "feeling"! As I read TW day 4 this morning it drove home for me that I really don't want to be on this path of my own performance (where I'm failing so often and seeing greed rear it's ugly head so often). I truly desire to be on the path of God's provision, observing (confessing) and correcting (repenting). I want to trust God to meet my needs and satisfy me the way nothing else can ever satisfy.


Our VBS theme this week was "God is our greatest treasure!" How true that is! He is truly the GREATEST treasure! And He has given me the opportunity to get to know Him, to be in right relationship with Him through His grace and mercy and sacrifice, and I also have the opportunity to walk side by side with Him and experience the provision of His power, peace, presence, joy and so much more! Praise God!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting! I am definitely in the 'getting back on track' mode. Exercising again, now trusting God to give me more control with food. God bless and I appreciate the encouragement and congratulations on your loss!
    Jen McD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christina. I didn't see your comments on my blog until a bit ago. Thanks for commenting as it is very inspriring to have someone read and understand. =) Can you go to my last post and see my follow up comment to your comment please? You asked about pinpointing what I would do differently. I would like more feedback please! =)

    And I have comment notification now too so I wont miss any of your comments! Yipee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I just found your blog today during a search for "Thin Within" on google. I have just finished reading the old and the new version of the book and am excited to start my own journey. I'm 31 but have struggled with food obsession and weight since I was 12 years old. I've tried every diet in the book and I'm looking forward to living "normally" and finally throwing out the diet mentality. Anyway, your blog is a blessing to me. THANKS! May the LORD bless you today...

    Rachel
    mrseric@juno.com

    ReplyDelete