Friday, August 22, 2008

Struggling

I'm finding it really hard to return to consistent 0-5 eating once again. I thought I had been overstepping the 0-5 bounds so often during our holidays....but now that I'm back at home, with the cupboards and fridge (and freezer) stocked full of yummy handy food I'm realizing that during holidays one thing that I really did "right" was just eat at mealtimes. I really didn't snack much at all. Plus Jon and I often shared restaurant portions for much of our trip (the servings were just HUGE though...and mexican meals can be stretched a lot depending how many tortillas you use!).

Anyways, I'm really frustrated with my lack of self-control once again. I know that this week is a less scheduled week with VBS each evening. Each evening I'm coming home tired and wanting to sit back and relax with some "comforting" food. During the daytime I've been a little less patient waiting for hunger then I was prior to vacation.

I'm not sure exactly what to do about this struggle except lift it to the Lord in prayer. I know that He has helped me many times over the past year and is more then able to once again strengthen me and equip me. Next week I hope to get more of a semblance of routine in our life. I tend to function better with routine. It also helps to be well rested which I haven't been this week...

Well, that's the quick update at this end, not the glowing report I'd love to be posting...but it's the way things are right now. I continue to trust that God has begun a good work in me and will continue it to completion.

No comments:

Post a Comment