Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Prize

As I was jogging this morning (yes, I got back to exercising, yippee!)...I got to thinking about this verse:

"I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:14

My NIV study notes say:

prize: The winner of the Greek races received a wreath of leaves and sometimes a cash award; the Christian receives an award of everlasting glory.
heavenward: Paul's ultimate aspirations are found not in this life but in heaven, because Christ is there (see Col 3:1-2)

Often, as I apply this verse to my TW journey, I mistakenly think of the "prize" as finally reaching my weight release goals and getting "thin"!

Yet far greater then getting "thin", is my life (present and future) with Christ. I was thinking about what the "prize" in the present would be.... And came to a definite conclusion that the ultimate prize, relating to my TW journey and the present, would be Christ's healing and restoration and setting me free from captivity to this sin of gluttony and greed for food. I look forward to the day when I experience this more fully.

So I keep pressing on!

As I return from holidays I feel there is a need for greater accountability and transparency with 0-5 eating and exercise. So I have once again began posting to my Daily Food & Exercise Log and will continue for the next 30 days.

1 comment:

  1. Just keep trusting Him. It looks like we're in the same stretch of the journey right now, just making it into our bmi zone. I really want a little bit of "margin", so my weight is not so close to the bmi cutoff! But so much more then this is my longing for freedom in Christ. I wonder if I will ever get there or if it will be something I struggle with for the rest of my life...

    ReplyDelete