Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A bit of this and that...

I know my eating hasn't been on track the past number of days...despite my last post about "today" being the day to get back on track. I still feel that something changed inside me the day I made my last post, even though I am "eating my words" as I have certainly not been reflecting a new start with my eating.

I think what clicked for me last Saturday was that I felt like I was once again "ready" to jump in all the way. I'm "ready" to observe and correct once again. I'm "ready" to seek God and His mercy, grace and power once again. I'm "ready"--well, as ready as you can ever be--to surrender this area to God once again. Now I know that my eating (and hence food log) doesn't reflect much of these changes...but I know the inner change will begin to be reflected with outer change as I once again aim to put God first. It's probably pretty evident why I am feeling the "need" to once again post my food log! It's certainly not to brag about being so "good" and "perfect" with 0-5 eating:-)

Okay, onto what God was impressing on me today. I was reading TW chapter 5 and was very encouraged as I read...

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

I definitely feel quite "weak" right now. I know the sin of gluttony has deep roots in my life. Surrendering this area to God is tough! Yet I also know that God's power is proclaimed loud and clear when I surrender to Him and as He works change in this area of my life. That's an exciting thought for me! So I keep pressing on!

I also was encouraged by the mirror, mirror exercise today. I didn't actually follow through with the exercise exactly the way intended... But I did focus on different parts of my body and the ways they have been used by God for different purposes. I am thankful for the body God has given me. I am thankful for energy, stamina, & great health that I've been blessed with thus far. I am thankful for vision and purpose that allows me to use my strengths more effectively for His glory. I'll end with some favorite verse that were quoted at the end of TW chapter 5...

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb; I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139:13-16

1 comment: