Sunday, August 17, 2008

I'm back!

It feels so good to be back home! What an amazing month it has been. So many answers to prayer and so many blessings were experienced. I've now updated my Counting My Blessings blog along with pictures from the past month.

One thing God taught me throughout our month in Mexico is that there are needs everywhere in the world...even in my own city here in Canada. I went on this trip willing to do whatever, go whereever God wanted me to go...as surrendered as I could be to His will. Did He want our family to move to Mexico? Did He want us to adopt a child? Did He want us to serve the poor and needy here in Canada? What exactly was the purpose behind all this?

I came away from our trip very aware that God had very specifically directed us to this ministry and family in Mexico for a reason. The family who are heading up this ministry were truly needing some extra support and encouragement and we could see that God used us for that purpose...and it was reciprocated as we watched and learned and listened to these passionate christ-followers share from their hearts and live out their lives serving others 24/7.

So, what does the future hold? I really don't know the answer to that. What I do know is that I need to listen to God's direction and follow His leading. So, I'm praying and waiting on God. At this point I have not felt inclined to serve in Mexico full-time...but am certainly continuing to feel directed towards ministry here in my own city amongst those in real need.

As I sought to surrender my future to God....I sadly fell short of surrendering my gluttonous greedy appetite for food to Him. I hate that I still have this root lodged deep down.... I generally was hungry about 1-2x each day (and was eating at least 3x each day). However I went past #5 a lot of meals...knowingly. And I often ate (a lot) when I was not in the least bit hungry.

On the positive note I kept up with my quiet time with the Lord, digging into the Beth Moore bible study. So many "aha" moments as I journey through this book. Most summers are so out-of-whack with schedules, and non-stop family time, that I often don't prioritize my devotions. But this summer was different...and for this I am thankful and praise God. I'm thankful for the hunger He is placing deep within me and for the way He is revealing Himself to me and touching my life.

On another positive note, I stepped on the scale this morning and found my weight had remained the same at 151 pounds! That's amazing! I'm just so thankful I'm not having to start all over again with releasing weight that had already been released! It truly has been released, praise God! My heart soars with praise to God! Now I just have to keep pressing on, make sure I don't stay in the vacation eating mode and continue to move forward to the weight God wants me to reach. More then that I need to keep pressing forward and continue to surrender to God and be set free from this sin of greed and gluttony that popped up its head this past month. I need to get back into consistent 0-5 eating now. I don't want to take a break from this "great project" that God has been doing in my heart and life.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back!!! I look forward to see where God's leading you, from the seeds He planted in your heart while in Mexico.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to have you back! I'm also in a place of open waiting for God's will. It's gonna be an adventure, I have no doubt!

    Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the welcome back ladies:-)

    ReplyDelete