Saturday, March 7, 2009

The Value of Observations & Corrections

I was just glancing over my food & exercise log from the past year...and I noticed I made A LOT of observations (and noted corrections)... (I clearly NEEDED to given that I went off course so often with 0-5 eating!!!) It was really interesting to quickly glance over this log. I'm glad I documented that portion of my journey. It was a good reminder to myself that I need to ensure I continue to do this on a regular basis, really zoning in on observations/corrections and being transformed by the renewing of my mind by feasting at the Lord's table.

I can see that my whole approach towards eating is so different then it used to be. I am much more intentional and really see the value in planning ahead for challenges I may face with staying in the pleasant God-given 0-5 boundaries (though I far too often fail to pre-plan...notice I said "see the value"...which means I need to apply it more often!).

I also am much more aware of God's continued extension of grace, no matter how many times I "mess up." And I'm also aware that He wants to equip me and fill me up as I turn to Him to satisfy me and supply my needs.

Does this mean I stick 100% with 0-5 eating? Absolutely not! I struggle so much with staying on course, as my accountability buddies well know! But I'm keeping on keeping on! I'm not giving up!

My friend Lundie wrote something so profound to me yesterday which I think is worth passing on to you. In regards to me noting my own attitude of "I've already messed up. So why try to stop? I may as well get what I want now.".... here is the brilliant image Lundie wrote...

I am going to try to think of it in terms as a course correction instead. When I'm driving, and I cross a little too far into the other lane, do I think, "Well! I'm in the wrong lane, I might as well go all the way and drive on the other side of the road!!!". LOL! Nope, I just turn the wheel back and let my car drift back into the right lane.
As I type this out, it gives me a lot of hope that the changes I have experienced this past year will "stick." I have had my share of fears that I will slide back to where I was prior to digging into the TW book over a year ago... But I know God has done a new thing in my heart and my life. Praise God!!!! I continue pressing on, observing and correcting, confessing and repenting to the Lord, seeking to surrender to Him fully! For He has given me hope and future and He continues renewing my strength, being my Hope, helping me run and not grow weary, helping me walk and not grow faint.

Thank you Abba Father, Daddy. I run to You. I long for my soul to always CLING to You. I pray Your right hand would uphold me even in the midst of temptation. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment