Friday, March 6, 2009

Life, in a Nutshell

My posting has certainly slowed down lately! I feel a lack of meaningful things to say:-) LOL! Here's a quick update from my end....

Just barely touching the tip of the iceberg with day to day life...

My youngest has been under the weather for the past two weeks. I'm hoping and praying she is on the mend now. This morning she woke up bright and early, came upstairs ALREADY DRESSED, her bed made, was helping herself to breakfast and got her hair and teeth brushed....WITHOUT A WORD FROM ME!!!! Isn't that a miracle! I thought she definitely must be on the mend when I saw that. (She really wanted to go on the computer onto "Webkinz World" before school which I guess motivated her to get ready faster! I'll take that!)

My eldest daughter has had some growing pains in regards to independance issues. She is only 9 years old, but it feels like she is going on 13 years old. But the Lord is good and we are all learning and growing together.

My lunch hour supervision job is going fine. I have my really UP days (like yesterday, when I went on and on to my husband about how much I loved my job and how much I was learning). And then I have my DOWN days when it feels like I know NOTHING at all about problem solving with kids!!!

I am very thankful for a group of ladies who I am journeying with daily. They are such a blessing from the Lord.

As a result of daily accountability and increased support, encouragement, sharpening and prayer, I have found a greater degree of balance and surrender to the Lord in each area of my life: spiritually, physically (with eating and exercise) and emotionally. Praise God.

The Lord has been filling me up each day. It seems He keeps teaching me new things each and every day. I can't help but get excited to hear from Him! Yesterday I stumbled across some familiar verses in Lamentations...

Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." Lamentations 3:22-24


The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him is my prayer this morning. I wait in expectation for all that the Lord has in store for the day! All the things He will teach me. All the words He will speak to me. All the ways He will answer my prayers. All the ways He will use me for His purposes and ways for His glory alone. He alone satisfies. May I decrease and Him INCREASE greatly!

2 comments:

  1. He alone satisfies. May I decrease and Him INCREASE greatly..amen amen amen...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining me in that prayer, Angela:-)

    ReplyDelete