Monday, March 16, 2009

Challenge #2 - Stopping at #5

Okay, I'm switching gears a little. I'll make my last post, about reducing distractions, challenge #3 for NEXT WEEK. Since eating at #0 and stopping at #5 are really the most basic building blocks of the TW approach, it seems appropriate to make TW conscious eating key#8 our second challenge. So here are some excerpts from the TW book in regards to stopping at #5.

Stop before my body is "full."
In other words, stop at a place of comfort before your body is "full" or "stuffed." Many particpants find this problematic to apply. They may develop an awareness of what physical hunger feels like, but then, once they begin to eat, they roll right on past the appropriate stopping point. Twenty minutes later, they are surprised to find themselves needing to unbutton their pants or become horizontal in order to be "comfortable." However, once they take the time to slow down and to savor their food, stopping at a place of comfort isn't quite as challenging. If you feel "full," or "stuffed" when you stop eating, your stomach is being stretched and you have actually eaten more than your body needs. If you are tempted to eat beyond a "comfortable" point, remind yourself that no temptation is beyond His reach. God is fathful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a weay out so that you can stand up under it (1 Cor. 10:13). TW pg 10-11


I definitely find it challenging to stop at #5. I think it may be time to look at bit more closely at what I consider a #5 and possibly re-adjust my hunger #'s again. Here are some of my other posts on this very topic...

http://godsrainbowpromises.blogspot.com/2008/05/eating-0-5.html
http://godsrainbowpromises.blogspot.com/2008/09/5-wake-up-call.html

So, anyone else have any thoughts on stopping at #5? Anyone else joining me?! I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment