Saturday, May 10, 2008

Eating 0 - 5

Eating 0-5 has been quite a journey so far! I have known what hunger feels like for my body for a long time - a sore tummy followed by a good rumble :-) It feels so good to be hungry. I love how God designed the body to let me know when to eat and when to stop!

Eating to #5 has been a different matter. Back in November when I started reading TW I didn't really pay much attention to this aspect. In February, when I re-started, I was having a hard enough time just eating at #0 so wasn't focussing as much on eating to #5. Then in March I began consistently eating to #0 which was a huge victory (PTL). April and May have continued to be a challenge to be consistently eating at #0. In May I finally realized (or more rightly surrendered to the fact) that I needed to re-adjust my hunger #'s. I needed to accept that what I had considered #5 was actually in reality more like #6/#7. It feels so strange to not have that little bit of discomfort at the end of a meal. I have always recognized that as my signal to stop eating, that I'm "full". To accept stopping at simply "satisfied" is a lesson in surrender and letting go of my greed for food. I'm gradually learning this lesson. I look forward to the day when this will just naturally flow and be second-nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment