Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Rainbow Promises


Remembering God's Faithfulness
May 2008

Back in late November 2007, just a month into reading and following the principles outlined in the "Thin Within" book, God spoke to me in a special way. As I see all the heart changes God has worked in me I can't help but remember what He said to me six months ago! I am blown away by His faithfulness to me. So here it is....



Rainbow Promises
November 27th 2007

This morning God spoke to me! During my morning walk, as I was praying, I saw a rainbow in the sky....not just any rainbow, just part of the rainbow sticking straight up into the sky with no arch. I was struck with the beauty of it, in the midst of the bitter cold morning and many feet of snow sparkling on the ground all around. I was fascinated by how it was just a partial rainbow and it was also such an unusual time of year to see one....I don't think I've ever seen one in the midst of winter. And then it struck me what God was saying to me.....

"being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Phil. 1:6

The partial rainbow is similar to how I am also God's work in progress. And I know that He's not done with me yet, but will finish the work He started in my heart. Praise God!


-------------------------------------
Edit note: Updated

Rainbow Promises
November 27th 2008


One year ago I received this promise from the Lord. Looking back I can see more progress...and my eyes are also opened to the roots of sin that still entangle my heart. But ultimately I continue learning and growing in the Lord!

I'm actually quite excited as I have started studying "The Lord's Table" workbook. It is once again highlighting the root of my problem with food and weight~my appetite for God must increase and my appetite for food decrease.

More of Him and less of me.

He must increase. I must decrease.

So I have been "feasting" at the Lord's table more lately. I hope and pray that in 6 months I can look back and testify that indeed the Lord has truly cut out the root of greed in my heart, that I have no desire to eat when not hungry, that I am not mastered by sweet treats, that I turn to God when I am tempted and so much more. I want to live the abundant life that God offers as I follow Him.

So I continue clinging to God's promise to me...

"being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Phil. 1:6

1 comment: