Friday, May 2, 2008

Filled with hope!

I stepped on the scale again and was down another pound - 163lbs! That's 2 lbs this week already! I'm just ecstatic as I haven't been this weight since March 2007. Down 9 lbs since the beginning of February.

The best part of all this is that I really KNOW that this is God at work. I KNOW that I didn't do this in my own strength, but rather it was God at work.

In the past few years I have tried to lose weight in my own strength/self discipline....and succeeded temporarily (though never fully achieved my goal to be within my BMI once again)....but then the weight came back on plus some.

I feel something is really different this time round as I truly am relying on God for my strength this time. I am going to Him daily and more frequently moment by moment on this journey. I am persevering (despite failing and setbacks) and accept this is my act of obedience to Him, no matter if goals get met or not. I don't feel as deprived (of food) as I have in the past which is also awesome! I somehow feel more free then I ever did before when I was trying in my own strength. I feel relaxed knowing this is for life and that in God's time I'll reach my God-given natural weight. I know that in the process I'm learning far more important lessons then a # on a scale can give me! I'm learning what it means to surrender myself more fully to God. I'm also learning more about what it means to simply observe and correct, rather then beat myself up as my tendency would then be to just give up.

Dear Lord,
Thank you for the hope and strength you give me each day.
In Jesus name, Amen.

"I can do everything through him who gives me strength." Phil 4:13

View my food log
here.

No comments:

Post a Comment