Friday, May 30, 2008

Greed

Greed reared its ugly head for me last night again. I didn't eat a huge amount at supper but still felt a little past satisfied. I feel saddened that I went for those candies after a very satisfying meal. But greater then just eating the candies was my heart attitude last night with them. I need to be on my guard and be prepared for temptation. I need to remain surrendered to Christ and living in His strength and power.

"Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour." 1 Peter 5:8

"Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." James 4:7

"The one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world." 1 John 4:4b

1 comment:

  1. Verses I needed to hear tonight. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete