Thursday, July 17, 2008

Counting My Blessings...

Heavenly homecoming for my friend's father after a long road of pain and suffering.
How thankful I am that there is hope and a future for those who believe. I know that my dear friend's father is now at home with Jesus and free from pain and suffering, completely at peace and filled with joy. Thank you Lord, for this assurance. Please help those left behind as they grieve.

Abundance of food on our table & in our cupboards.
So many people around the world don't have enough food. I'm pretty sure i heard recently that every three seconds a person dies from either starvation or related to poverty. So many parents cannot even feed their children...how heartwrenching that must be. Heavenly Father, help me be a good steward of the resources we've been blessed with.

God's hand in our Mexico trip.
He has worked out so many details for our family mission trip. Thank you Lord.

Sound of waves, sand, shells...all that wonderful beach stuff!
And we get to enjoy a campsite on this very beach (pictured above, taken by Jon) for only $7/night! An amazing deal!!!! I love to hear the waves as I'm falling asleep or relaxing & reading a book.

A loving, patient husband.
That's a big one! I sure need a lot of patience! :-)

Blue skies, birds chirping, fluffy clouds, sunshine & quality time spent with the family.

Spiders...
While camping, Jon took this neat photo at breakfast one day (he called it "dinner guest"). Okay to be honest I'm not really fond of the juicy, huge or poisonous ones...but I'm okay with daddy long leg spiders! My point is that I'm thankful for spiders because they EAT MOSQUITOS (which we have in abundance here)!!!! I've made peace with spiders:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment