Saturday, July 12, 2008

Follow-up: Prepared to Give an Answer

I posted about being prepared to give an answer here.

One day this week I had two people note that I had lost a lot of weight. Both times I stumbled around with my words trying to formulate a quick concise response... And both times I was able to direct the glory to God! Praise be to Him!

When my first friend commented, I awkwardly said "Thanks" and then proceeded to say that "it was all in God's strength." She responded saying, "I know it sure can be tough to lose weight..." And that was it!

My second friend was aware of TW and I was able to once again make it known that God is doing a good work. I wish I could have said more. But I know she knew that losing weight is rooted in a spiritual process for me.

I am thankful that God allowed me these opportunities. I feel that He has been preparing me for these moments, so that I would not rob Him of glory. So, my heart is soaring with praise to Him!

"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have." 1 Peter 3:15
Weight release sure provides a great opening to glorify God! I pray for many more opportunities in the upcoming year to share Christ with others, in any way God chooses to use me (as exemplified by Beth Moore in the Hairbrush Experience). I pray that I would shine for Him in all areas of my life! Below are some verses that for many years have been my "life verses."

"Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains. Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone. " Colossians 4:2-6

No comments:

Post a Comment