Thursday, September 11, 2008

Five for Fifty challenge

One of my friends popped in for coffee today and we had such a good chat. What an inspiration she was as words just kept tumbling out of her mouth reflecting her true heart for the poor, the orphanned, the widows, the hungry, the needy. She started talking about the five for fifty challenge , which I think allows us, as Christ followers, to break down a giant problem into bite sized ways God wants us to help. I need to seek God's will and direction in my life in this regard. What does He want me to do? Where does He want me to go? What does He want me to give or sacrifice? I know that God is drawing me along on a journey...and I really have no idea what the destination is...or even what kinds of stops will be along the way!!! Now THAT is exciting and scary all in a nutshell!


“For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink… whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me” Matthew 25:35,40

No comments:

Post a Comment