Friday, September 12, 2008

Scale Challenge

Okay, I think it's time to take on the scale challenge once again...or more correctly the "no scale" challenge! So I'm going to take on a manageable goal first. I will aim to not step on the scale until September 21st, nine days from now, also marking the end of my 30 day food log challenge and completion of the TW book once again. Then after that I will hope to lengthen the time scale-free to a month...

I'm so curious what my natural God-given body weight will end up at. I wonder if I will need to accept my body being around this 150lbs mark... Maybe this is the way I'm just meant to be. I pray that whatever size I end up stopping at, as I obediently follow my God-given hunger/satisfaction cues, that I will accept and embrace and love the way God created me to be ME:-)

Last night I ate supper when I wasn't hungry. I felt that I "needed" to eat at that time as we had a busy evening ahead (although deep down I think I knew there was a bit of rationalizing going on). However, what I found so interesting about last night was that I actually found the idea of eating unappealing (yet sadly, not unappealing enough to not eat at that time *sigh*). I felt like it was a sign of going in the right direction though...more so if I'd followed through!

I pray for more of those kind of moments when to eat at anything but #0 is actually undesirable! If that happened regularily and I actually followed through and did what I know deep down is right and pleasing to God, that would actually be a miracle I tell you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment