Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Taking one step at a time...

I can't believe how busy life is right now! I'm adjusting to my two jobs: lunch monitor at school and teaching piano two evenings a week....plus trying to keep up with all the other tasks around the house, husband, the kids, friends, church, exercise, cooking, my blog, emails etc...!

I trust that things will settle down in the next week or so and that I'll be able to take a breath and find a good rhythm for each day! :-) I have many dreams and plans but am ever mindful that I need God's direction and guidance each step of the way. I've been on the treadmill of life so frequently (even when I was a stay-at-home mom!!). I don't want to feel like I'm on that treadmill again! I want to move forward with God's purpose and direction EACH and every step of the way! So I am moving forward cautiously mindful that...

Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails. Proverbs 19:21
In regards to eating... I've had my ups and downs. Since my last post I've really been zoning in on doing more observing and correcting. I think this has been a step in the right direction. I am feeling a little convicted about my food choices. I feel that I may need to be more discerning in what I eat...though I'm not entirely convinced enough to overhaul my food choices... One step at a time in that regards. Also, I'm feeling a slight nagging conviction to start leaving that last bite as a sacrifice to the Lord once again. I'm not looking forward to that...which tells me that it really does need to be done!!! God is prompting and working to cut out that root of greed obviously! Also, I feel convicted to really pray each and every time I eat that God would tell me when to stop... I haven't been doing that lately either. One more step in surrender.

Another thing I have been feeling convicted of lately is to put the scale away for a time. I am not sure when and for how long...but I am feeling led to do this. It would be absolutely amazing to live without the need of the man-made scale to maintain my weight! That would be really awesome! I think this is the direction I want to go.

I'm trying to stay active and fit some cardio exercise in every other day or so. I've really been enjoying it so far. I don't set high expectations! I just want to do something that gets my heart pumping a bit extra a few days a week:-) This morning I was thinking that I want a "healthy heart" and "marvelous muscles":-) That's my goal:-)

In regards to time with the Lord... I am trying to carve out time with Him. I still want to develop my time in prayer with Him more. This is one of my big goals this year. I can relate to Heidi's post today about being still before the Lord. I want to just bask in His presence. As I get used to the routines in my life I hope to carve out time to spend in concentrated time with Him...and of course continue seeking to practice His presence each moment of the day. I have been doing the "Breaking Free" study by Beth Moore and getting a little bogged down as I can't relate to much of the material (though it is an INCREDIBLE study!). I'll keep on doing the study as often as I get a chance as I'm sure there will be things God will teach me through it... I went back to the daily study of David (another Beth Moore study that I was working through) and once again the Lord spoke to me through my reading today... This was encouraging for me! I am so thankful for God speaking into my life and uncovering areas that need to be further surrendered or focussed on. The thing that stuck out for me today was not allowing bitter roots to grow.

See to it that no one misses the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many. Hebrews 12:15
I right aways knew where God was directing my attention!

So, I think that is my life in a nutshell! I have ups and downs and everything in between! I am so thankful that God is God!

No comments:

Post a Comment