Saturday, September 20, 2008

Three Days

I felt like I needed to give myself a time frame with no excuses or rationalizing for eating outside 0-5 allowed! I decided three days was a reasonable start. My first three day time frame was Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday this week. It went great! PRAISE GOD! I ate at #0 each and every time and only one time ate to a #6, otherwise I was within 0-5. That feels like a huge step for me right now. I'm very thankful for God's presence, power and provisions that helped me through each and every step of the way.

I was busy painting my daughter's room on Friday... Oh, the exhaustion!!!!! I hardly sat down between Thursday at 1pm until Friday at 5pm! It was a BIG job but is all done now:-) I DID manage to find time to eat...but it was definitely delayed quite often past #0 due to being in the middle of a project. So I did great with 0-5 eating....except that I rationalized a bowl of ice cream in the evening after the kids were in bed....despite having a satisfying supper and dessert at my parent's place that evening. I was tired out (that's an understatement) and pre-planned that bowl of ice-cream earlier in the day. I still don't feel "guilty" about that bowl of ice cream. I've prayed about it and asked the Lord to convict me if it was displeasing to Him. Not sure what to make of my emotions in that regard as I know I was outside 0-5 and was being a little bit greedy. I'll keep seeking God on this one.

Okay, moving on, today I'm going to start another three day one-step-at-a-time challenge. I find it easier to consider dealing with temptation head on when it is within a specific time frame. It doesn't seem like "just this one time" when I look at it that way! I'm not sure if that makes sense! I want to lean on God throughout temptations.....right now I tend to just give in. I'm hoping this pushes me to find God's way out in the midst of temptation.

Well, enough from me for today. I'm off to deal with the crazy messes around the rest of the house due to the painting project! Praising God for a new day! My prayer this morning was "You alone are God. I surrender."

2 comments:

  1. Hey - I really like your idea of taking a 3 day approach to things. 3 days is a good amount of time to feel like you can see the end. And it must be inspiring to keep going with another 3 days once it is up.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt like I was needing a little coaxing to actually deal with temptation and respond rather then react.

    ReplyDelete