Saturday, September 27, 2008

Not Walking the Talk

I've struggled with 0-5 eating a few times over the past few days. Just when I feel like 0-5 eating is like breathing in and out...I fall flat! Gotta keep relying on God.

I can't...but God, You can!

Wednesday night was the beginning of the slipping and sliding. I did okay with 0-5 eating until supper/evening. I wasn't hungry at supper time so I skipped supper and figured I'd just eat at the ladies' event at church that evening, expecting I'd be at #0 by that time. I ended up not being empty at that point either (unless I just had missed it in the busyness of the day...not sure). I had a little too much sweets that evening... Then I got sick in the night.

Thursday went okay despite (and probably due) to feeling a little sick. I ate LOTS of yogurt! haha! That was the bulk of what I ate:-)

Last night went okay except that I went slightly past #5 at supper. I could feel that greed rearing its head once again.

And that brings me to today. I was a little off this afternoon and evening. I definitely don't feel I was eating like a "naturally thin eater." I went to our church potluck this evening and certainly did NOT pre-plan for trials. I didn't practice conscious present time eating very effectively. And when I got home I had some more sweets...which is classic for me, after a social occasion when I'm feeling tired and wanting to kick back and relax. On the positive note, I did hold off on taking some more pie despite wanting it very much! I prayed and asked God for help...and started folding laundry (shock of all shocks!) and have made it thus far without digging in further and slipping and sliding further down that slippery slope!

Well, it's time for another serious three day challenge. No excuses or rationalizing! I must see each and every temptation as the opportunity that God is providing me to rely on Him for strength and to find satisfaction in Him alone. Time to walk the talk!

1 comment:

  1. You and me both Sistah! I think I am gonna try a day by day challenge. Three days seems a bit daunting for me at this time... I'll let you know how it goes. =)

    ReplyDelete