Monday, June 15, 2009

God at Work

"...being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6
Clearly God has been at work...for I survived swim suit shopping today! That's worth celebrating! I tell you, the lighting in those Walmart change rooms is VERY unflattering! I didn't get the same effect when trying on my purchases at home...

Anyways, today's shopping trip was another reminder of TW day 5's lesson on loving, accepting and embracing this body God has blessed me with. I picked out swimsuits, with little care about sizes! That is a step in the right direction! I simply wanted it to fit right. This step reflected for me the increasing peace I'm experiencing with regards to my body. I also did not pass condemnation on myself for the many bulges and stretch marks and such that I could see staring back at me in the mirror (which Walmart lighting truly accentuated!). I didn't let what I saw determine who I am.

I am feeling more and more at peace. I can accept what I look like when I know that I am seeking to surrender myself to the Lord and glorify Him. I know that I won't get things perfect and will never have a body like a magazine model, but I will keep seeking Him allowing Him to do His good work in me (whatever that looks like!)...for peace is found in His presence, as I keep my gaze stayed on Him.

"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee." Isaiah 26:3 (KJV)
Thank you Lord for Your peace and Your constant presence.

This post got me thinking about a beautiful song...so here it is if you want to check it out.


2 comments:

  1. That is BEAUTIFUL progress indeed. And I can relate in starting to feel peace. Usually before I go to CA I am awash with anxiety over my body and what I will wear as my brother is in the entertainment industry and everyone around him is tiny, fit and dress really beautifully. I'm not saying it will be cake walk when I get there, but right now I am so grateful to God for His peace and knowing who I am in Him. More victories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God! I will be praying for you as you travel. What are the dates you are away?

    ReplyDelete