Sunday, June 28, 2009

"I'm tired" rant

I'm tired of it being so hard to lose or maintain weight. I'm tired of each choice counting. I'm tired of trying. I'm tired of failing. I'm tired of caring. I want to just be 150lbs and STAY there. I'm tired of feeling ashamed. I'm tired of feeling like a public failure, as each regained pound is outwardly reflective of failure. I'm tired of my body's lumps and bumps and bulges and flab. I'm tired of being anxious about this. I'm tired of being tired about this!

Lord, help me! Help me press on and cling to your rainbow promise to me... "Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6 Amen.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Christina~
    Just wanted to let you know that I am so right where you are. Everything you wrote about being tired I can relate too! I can even relate to the getting to and staying at 150. I'm a long ways away though. I'm floundering around from this program to that, wondering, really what is Gods will for me regarding food. I desparately do not want to count points or calories or exchanges etc etc and yet, I haven't figured out how to live in "freedom" (TW). I want to be at peace with food, not allowing it any type of anxiety in my life. I don't want to think about it all day long! Anyway.... this is likely not helpful at all, but I wanted you to know that I "get" where you are at. I also appreciate your writing.
    ~Mimi (From the TW boards)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your empathy and understanding, Mimi. It really DOES help to be understood:-)

    I'm not giving up....but this is just the way I feel. Actually I read TW chapter 10 this morning (which I'll reflect on in the next day or so) and it was EXACTLY what I needed to read today. EXACTLY! Praise God!

    So I continue keeping on keeping on.

    Lord, help us persevere. I pray that Mimi (and I) would begin to experience the freedom and victory that you want her to have. I pray that you would strengthen each of us to continue pressing on in your strength, and be transformed by the renewing of our minds, by your truth. We desire to surrender all and glorify you. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I can relate to this post ((hugs)).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so proud of you for keeping on keeping on Paula!

    ReplyDelete