Tuesday, June 9, 2009

TW Summer Study - day 3

Day Three ~ Going for Godly Goals

I'm quite a goal oriented person. I like my lists. I like to make a perfect copy...of the good copy...of the rough draft of a list!!! LOL It's in my nature! This chapter has typically resonated with me as I would decide on what a good # I'd like to see on the scale at a certain point in time etc. It was the kind of motivation I needed. I still have felt God impress on me some clear goals and objectives as I posted about here.

But I feel like I'm at a bit of a different place right now than I was a year ago, with a bit less focus on the externals like weight and exercise etc. My focus has gradually shifted more to the internals, to the shape of my heart. I'm excited about this change that is taking shape. It's all part of the journey I guess! I look forward to greater surrender and intimacy with the Lord. I look forward to more of Him and less of me...

One thing I found quite interesting to note was that my vision statement has changed over the past year. Originally my vision statement was:
My life's purpose is to shine for Jesus, glorify God, evangelize the lost and equip the saints. (Some of our church's vision statement resonated so deeply with me that it became my own personal vision statement)
Here's my updated one, that the Lord has been impressing on me the past number of months...
My life's purpose is to love God more each day and extend His love to others...for His glory. I desire to be the aroma of Christ in this world.
Okay, I know I'm not that eloquent, but it pretty much sums up what I've been journeying through and towards lately.

So, with this vision statement in mind, I guess my primary goal is to find satisfaction in Him alone....not in food, leisure time, online time, family, friendships, material stuff... Him alone. All else fades in comparison to knowing and loving...and being loved by...Him....and passing it on to others so they can get to know and love and be loved by Him!

I love the verse that was highlighted in this chapter:
"The steps of the godly are directed by the Lord. He delights in every detail of their lives." (Psalm 37:23, NLT)
Beautiful! We certainly have a GREAT God!

3 comments:

  1. Him alone. All else fades in comparison to knowing and loving...and being loved by...Him...

    amen amen amen..I LOVED this statement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our God is pretty amazing, isn't He?:-)

    ReplyDelete