Sunday, June 7, 2009

TW Summer Study - day 2

Day Two ~ Getting to Know the Me God Has Made

As I settle in, ready to type up my thoughts on this reading, I am being drawn to the title of this chapter. As I focus on it after reading the chapter, everything I read is beginning to gel together.

Here are a few quotes that I want to highlight:

God is love. (1 John 4:8) His is an active love... He was inspired to initiate relationships with human beings from the beginning of creation because it is in His character to love... Our God is also amazingly creative... TW pg 18

[God] wants to be your constant companion on your journey to healing and wholeness. TW pg 21

By eating from 0 to 5, you will be on the path to the natural size He designed you to be. TW pg 24
I find that last quote, about the natural size, quite compelling. It's something I wrestle with. As I lay aside the man-made scale in favor of applying observation and correction under the canopy of God's grace....I am reminded to accept and love the way God has made me, just the way I am. Some days it is harder than others. Today I'm feeling a little "blobby".... As I think about swim suit weather around the corner, I have to confess I have my own "self-focussed" concerns about how my body looks...
However, there is no way I want to get off this path! I love the more "organic," natural, gracious flow of using the 0-5 scale rather than the bathroom scale. It resonates with me. I feel myself relaxing into God's will and leading. I trust Him. And I feel loved by Him.
The verse at the beginning of this chapter jumps out at me as I envision this journey being a lifelong trek, a marathon not a sprint...
Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he,
I am he who will sustain you.
I have made you and I will carry you;
I will sustain you and I will rescue you.
Isaiah 46:4
God's love and provisions really are mind boggling, aren't they?! I'm thankful that He is my constant companion on this journey, for He really is the only One who can sustain and carry me to the end.
"...being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6
He's the One who loves me and brings me to the finish line! Thanks, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment