Sunday, July 5, 2009

Camping Trip

We just got back from a camping trip. What a great time we had! Here are a few pictures from our trip...

Beautiful scenery! What a masterpiece God created!
Our eldest daughter looking so pretty:-)

And my "baby" :-)

A new "friend":-) He found an empty container of icing on the picnic table...and proceeded to lick it clean!!!
I know our hair looks a bit frazzled! We all have hat heads! This was the first island we "landed" on for our short canoe trip outing.

Another sight on our canoe trip ~ an awesome bald eagle... The fact that it was July 4th, American Independance Day, didn't escape me! After all, my mom and relatives on her side are all american citizens!

I'm wishing I'd taken some pictures of our campsite and fun around the campfire... But for now, this is the best I have to offer:-)

In terms of eating within 0-5...I could have done better. I actually started off pretty intentional and was staying in the boundaries. However, as the week progressed I began to slack off. And the late night snacks around the campfire, coupled with inevitable extra camping treats like ice cream, munchies, chips, cookies...began to take their toll on my good intentions. Whatever the case, I'm back and determined to once again re-commit to 0-5.

I'm thankful for the many blessings God has poured into my life. When I look at His handiwork surrounding me in nature, I am awestruck! When I experience the joy of family and friends, I am thankful. When I realize His unlimitted patience with me, I am humbled. He is good. Thank you, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment