Monday, July 13, 2009

TW Summer Study - day 14

Day Fourteen ~ Choosing to Build on Truth
Building on the truth. How often do I allow lies or outright rebellion be the foundation of my thinking? More often than I would like to recount I fear! This chapter reminds us that beliefs move to actions which reap results. Therefore it is key to make sure the beliefs are grounded in truth. It's a chain reation!

I was encouraged by these verses:
Christ in you, the hope of glory. Colossians 1:27
For it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose. Philippians 2:13
Too often I get sidetracked by trying to do this all on my own...and I know far too well how that works! I usually derail all the good intentions I feel called to. I fail. I slip. I slide. I need to remember that it is GOD who is at work...not Christina! His all-surpassing power in this jar of clay!

The other thing that stood out for me with this chapter were the following points:
Be informed. Be willing. Be faithful. TW pg 143-144
I'm feeling challenged to "be informed." I have been thinking how I want to put less "junk" into my body. I want to use more discernment in this area, particularily with sugary treats. That is probably my biggest weakness with eating...big surprise! :-)

I'm also feeling challenged to "be willing" and "be faithful"...in other words be more fully surrendered to the Lord. I don't want to hold back. I want to allow Him to lead and direct me. I want my life to be a living sacrifice to Him...because I know that I can trust Him and I know that He loves me more than I can even trust or love myself!

Here is some good advice which I really should apply:
The next time you face the pantry, refrigerator, or cookie jar, and you're really not hungry, ask yourself what you believe about your quest to become a vibrant, healthy temple of God.

Ask yourself (and the Lord) what actions would follow if you were to believe what God's Word of truth says about you? God has promised to empower you so that your actions reap results that give glory to Him and an abiding joy within.
TW pg148
Now I just have to move to the application stage with all these thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment