Thursday, July 16, 2009

Wednesday check-in

Checking in for my personal challenge this week:
#1. No eating in front of the TV unless it is a meal.
Once again I didn't eat while watching TV.

#2. 11pm bedtime.
My in-laws are at our place and after they headed to bed Jon and I continued talking...a bit too late. So I didn't really get to bed until closer to 11:15-11:30.

#3. Exercise 5x this week.
Day three of exercise this week. I jumped rope for 20 minutes.

#4. No desserts this week.
Once again, a kinda no answer from me. I "cheated" a little bit by eating 1/2 scone at lunch and 1.5 slice banana bread after the supper main course. We have my in-laws here and it was a low sweet, less rich kind of treat...so I went for it. But it is not exactly what I wanted for the week.

Okay, confession time..... I am saddened that I missed out on a learning opportunity that I had last night. I had baked a fresh loaf of bread in the breadmaker for tomorrow (which is now today's) lunch. Somehow I was able to stuff away the truth, pushing it as far back as possible at the first possible sound of that little voice of reason and truth...and headed to try a slice at 10pm. After my in-laws headed to bed, I went for some more bread.....and added to that some banana bread. Ugh.

I didn't feel past #5. However I knew I had NOT set myself up for victory for the next day's eating. I had an inkling that I'd regret the choices...but forgot how MUCH I regret the choice the next day. This morning I woke up feeling awful about the choices I'd made. I felt saddened that I'd missed out on learning a way out of the temptation. I felt awful thinking how much I'd eaten. And I felt renewed concern about weight gain and not loss...when in fact I'd like my weight to settle down to a more reasonable level before we head to Mexico next week. The extra snack (which was also extra large) is not going to help me meet that goal.

I also just finished reading "Freedom from Emotional Eating" by Barb Raveling and it was SUCH a great chapter at the end....and I feel saddened, with all the great knowledge and tools she presented, that I didn't take hold of the truth. I was really so encouraged by each study in that last chapter over the past few days. Missing out on the learning opportunity was a bit like twisting a knife in the back! I want another one!!! hahaha! Oh boy, that's a little strange isn't it!

Okay, I will probably get my wish and have more temptations today. I have my in-laws here still. And then tonight my parents are coming over. There is always more food around...and more on a time schedule...during company visits. Plus tonight I'm going to make and serve a coconut cream pie (my dad's favorite) but I intend to bypass. So it looks like I have some more learning opportunities in disguise! LOL

2 comments:

  1. I'm thinking of goals for myself. I think I need this kind of accountability. I was doing well, but I'm not now and can't seem to get back with it. Stress is a major contributor. You are doing well! Thanks for praying for me. I need it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday didn't go as well unfortunately.... :-(

    ReplyDelete