Friday, July 10, 2009

TW Summer Study - day 13

Day Thirteen ~ Wind Beneath My Wings
The last chapter dealt with furnishing my mind. This chapter continues digging a bit deeper into this concept. As I have good intentions to furnish my mind with only that which is pleasing to the Lord, I often continue slipping and sliding around... And the key is:
Observe and correcct the things that stand in the way of reaching your godly goals... If you find you are flesh-controlled, stop and ask God to fill all your empty places with Himself. TW pg136
God will provide a way out of temptation (2 Corinthians 10:13)... He promises an exit plan is available.

2 Corinthians 10:5, capturing every thought for Christ, becomes particularily compelling at this point. Each present moment counts. Practising His presence becomes all that more important as I will be more discerning of His good and perfect will when I am in step with Him.

I appreciated Heidi's marble jar video so much and thought it fit so well with this chapter...and I really want to keep this video on record for myself. It is an inspiring look at capturing each present moment.


I think I'm going to try the physical use of a marble jar or even a graph (color in a square for each victory step) for my travels.
Continuing on, this chapter also introduces the concept of a naturally thin person.
Think of a naturally thin person, someone who is not governed by rules or laws regarding food and eating. TW pg135
The person that comes to my mind is such an inspiration in this regard. I love how she doesn't care about calorie counting, fat grams, carbs etc. etc. She simply aims to eat a healthy well rounded diet in moderation. She eats slowly, enjoys and savours her food, puts her fork down and states she is "full" often way before me, and has a take it or leave it attitude towards dessert, depending on if she has room still for dessert. Even her dessert she eats in moderation. I cannot even IMAGINE her binging on food! That seems unfathomable for me! But I truly believe this is just not an area she struggles with. She has candy and chocolate lying out in full view all over her house. Her halloween candy stash lasts past a year and has to be thrown out! She actually FORGETS about the candy and chocolate and sweet treats on her counter! I cannot IMAGINE that either! I am thankful for this glimpse of freedom and balance. Will I ever be in that spot? Probably not to the degree she is...yet I pray I will move more and more in that direction.

So, once again, I am reminded to practice His presence. To be present. To capture the present moment. Because of His grace. Because of His love. Because of His compassion. By His enabling and empowering.
I led them with cords of human kindness, with ties of love; I lifted the yoke from their neck and bent down to feed them. Hosea 11:4
Lord, I look up and open wide my mouth. Feed me. I love you. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Christina,
    What a wonderful blog you have here!
    Thank you for sharing some inspiring insights!
    I stumbled onto your blog while reading Heidi B's Thin Within blog. I too am working with thin within, so far God helped me lose 20 lbs!
    God Bless
    Dena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your encouragement, Dena. And thanks for visiting!

    Woohoo on the on the 20lb release! Praise God!

    ReplyDelete