Thursday, July 30, 2009

Accountability check-in

I thought I'd touch base on Thin Within related matters. I'm struggling with sticking with 0-5 eating. The past week I've almost completely reverted to my old self--greedy for food, not eating consciously or in present-time. It's amazing how quicky I can revert. The other night my tummy was so overfull and sore...and I'm not sure I even savoured the food that I stuffed into my body. The verses I felt impressed on my heart this past week were:
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come. ALL THIS IS FROM GOD. 2 Corinthians 5:17-18a
(emphasis added)

You were taught with regard to your former way of life, to PUT OFF YOUR OLD SELF, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to BE MADE NEW in the attiude of your minds and to PUT ON THE NEW SELF, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness. Ephesians 4:22-24 (emphasis added)

I must not forget all the Lord has worked in me, changing me. He has brought me so far. Though I feel a sense of discouragement and even a lack of desire to persevere, I know in my heart submitting to Him is the ONLY path to peace and righteousness, worshipping and elevating Him alone.

Lord, forgive me for falling so short and reverting to the old self. Help me persevere. Help me see with Your eyes. Cut out that root of greed in my heart. In your power, by your provisions and by your grace I step forward. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I've had a terrible week...I was thinking about you early this week...wandering about your trip and prayed for you..(hugs)

    the past week I've almost completely reverted to my old self--greedy for food, not eating consciously or in present-time.(this has been me) SIGH...out of know where,,,and I'm at a loss.

    ReplyDelete