Friday, July 17, 2009

Friday check-in

Checking in for my personal challenge:

#1. No eating in front of the TV unless it is a meal.
I didn't eat in front of the TV tonight though I REALLY felt tempted to munch on some popcorn while watching TV with Jon, as written about in last post. Praise God for that victory step.

#2. 11pm bedtime.
I am planning on being in bed by 11pm. Pretty sure that is how the night is lining up. The kids went to bed early at 8pm leaving me with some "down" time for the past two hours. It's harder to go to bed earlier when they head to bed at 9-10pm as they had been the past two weeks.

#3. Exercise 5x this week.
I didn't exercise. I have to squeeze two more days of exercise in, so I'm aiming for Sat. and Sun.

#4. No desserts this week.
I was able to bypass the coconut cream pie and the peanut butter chocolate chip cookies tonight at supper! Can hardly believe it! The funny thing is that I really didn't think I'd find the "exit"...and said that aloud!

"I don't want to eat dessert...but how can I resist this pie?"

And Jon answered, "I don't want a small piece. I want a BIG piece."

I laughed and knew that was exactly the "out" I needed because it was just one large piece of pie that would have had to have been split between three of us leaving us with three small slivers... So, I proceeded to slice it in two pieces and gave one to him and one to my daughter. It made me smile because it was the perfect line that my husband came up with! LOL He was giving me the "out":-) I opted to just have a yogurt instead.

2 comments:

  1. I was praying for you last night when I read about your struggle with eating..((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you SOOOO much angela. Praise God for answering prayer.

    ReplyDelete