Friday, July 17, 2009

Thursday check-in

Checking in for my personal challenge...

#1. No eating in front of the TV unless it is a meal.
Once again I didn't eat while watching TV.

#2. 11pm bedtime.
Went to bed closer to 11:15-30 again....

#3. Exercise 5x this week.
Not today. But I'll aim to complete my 5x by exercising Friday and Saturday.

#4. No desserts this week.
I had a small slice of pie tonight after supper. I had made a coconut cream pie and served it when my parents and my in-laws were here at my place this evening. That doesn't give me an excuse to eat it of course... Whatever the case I was within 0-5. From here on in I will stay away from the desserts. My in-laws are leaving today so things will be settling back to normal around here. Of course that is only for a few days because we're heading down to Mexico in a few days!!! Can't believe that is around the corner!!!

On a victory note... After my slip up on Wednesday night (eating that bread and banana bread) I decided to be really careful and wait for hunger the next morning. I started the day with a great time with the Lord...and He graciously strengthened me and helped me wait it out. I bypassed breakfast with the family (with Jon, the kids and in-laws), which didn't feel awkward as I kept myself busy puttering around the house. I ended up getting hungry later in the morning, opted to just wait a little longer, and then was good and hungry when it was lunchtime. It felt wonderful to be on track and within the boundaries of victory once again. And then, adding one more step forward, I was careful how much I ate at lunch, and was then hungry for supper. Woohoo! I'm very thankful for the Lord's power, provisions and equipping...and grace.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Christina -- many thanks for your wise counsel in your reply to my latest blog post. It always helps to know someone else has gone through something similar (makes me not feel so crazy or guilty). It also gives me hope.

    Linda Moran, who runs the Diet Survivors forum, said it takes about a year to really "get" the non-diet way of life and sometimes you have to fake it 'til you make it before it really kicks in. I can understand that it takes a long time, I just don't want to continue to gain in that period of time either. I suppose it is a melding of the two.

    I just got some exercise this morning doing the Wii Fit and moving my body helped me feel better. Other than a small snack before working out, I did not eat until I was hungry until after 10AM. It's a start.

    Where in Mexico are you going and for how long? Do I remember your saying this was a mission trip? You'll be missed while you are gone.

    Thanks again. God gave you just the right words to encourage me today.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job with the exercise, Laura! Once again I don't feel like exercising again today. Ugh. My aim is to get two more days in by the end of the weekend.

    well it sounds like you are going through a fairly typical phase as you detox from dieting! That's encouraging in a strange sort of way I'm guessing...and scary too I'm sure. All I know is that our bodies do NOT need to "diet" to maintain a fairly reasonable healthy weight.

    We're heading down to Mexico for a month. We will be spending two weeks helping with the start up of an orphanage, staying with the family who is getting it built and currently have some children already living in their house. And then the other two weeks will be family vacation time in the mayan riviera (within a couple hours of Cancun). I'll probably write a bit more about it on the blog in the next day or so. We went there last year as well and felt God nudging us there once again.

    ReplyDelete