Monday, November 10, 2008

Counting My Blessings...

Joy in the midst of suffering.
Last night we had a lady from our church who suffers from multiple schlerosis share at a ladies' evening class. She was diagnosed with MS one year into marriage (in 1995), at the age of 31 yrs (I'm guessing). She went downhill quickly and is now quadrapaligic with only 18% use of her lungs. She had such an amazing testimony.

She started off saying she was perplexed by the topic she was asked to speak on because SHE DOESN'T FEEL SHE IS SUFFERING! It was astounding to hear her say this.

She had us all laughing and crying throughout her whole testimony as she shared how God has changed her and moulded her and how she would not be the person she is today if not for this disease. WOW!

She talked about how her beliefs about herself needed to line up with God's word.

It was a powerful reminder about JOY in the midst of suffering! I thank God forher example. I thank God for the joy that only He can give in the midst of suffering. And I pray that I will be able to rejoice no matter the circumstances just as this dear lady is doing.

Happy sounds of my kids playing.
Today is a day off school for the kids (and me:-)...and it is so wonderful to hear them happily playing together. The above picture is from when they were younger. They have enjoyed each other's company from such a young age! What a blessing! I've got to treasure these moments:-)

1 comment:

  1. "I thank God for the joy that only He can give in the midst of suffering."

    I got teary eyed over this post. Christine, I think this is the coolest blog It's awesome...Counting our blessings is SO important. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete