Sunday, November 2, 2008

Thin Within~Day 17

Today's chapter emphasized the need for gratitude. I love this quote:

As we continue to be thankful to the Lord, we discover that the shackles of self-preoccupation and greed begin to fall away, that our incessant need or want for more food begins to diminish. TW pg 174-175
I want this to become a more natural habit, for gratitude to be foremost in my heart and mind at all times. My Counting my Blessings blog is intended for this very purpose. I want to post there more regularily, even about things that are seemingly mundane and ordinary.

I'm thankful for today. I'm thankful for a thought-provoking sermon in church this morning. I'm thankful for family. I'm thankful for our new pet. I'm thankful for beautiful weather. I'm thankful for an awesome husband. And I'm thankful for a great time of learning at the church this evening, as we learned about the joy of being a helpmate to our husband. I'm thankful for good nutritious food. I'm thankful for good health. I'm thankful for the beautiful smiles of my children. I'm thankful that my youngest daughter got dressed on HER OWN this morning without any battles!!! I'm thankful for God's grace. I'm thankful that God has lifted me out of that slimy pit, the muck and the mire. I'm thankful for His faithfulness. I'm thankful for His righteousness and holiness. I'm thankful for His love.

Okay, I wasn't even planning going there...but it just seemed fitting:-)

Today went well in regards to eating. I am thankful that God provided me with the strength I needed to stay within the boundaries of hunger and fullness and also helped me make some good discerning choices in regards to food. I still had a bit more sugar then I would want on a regular basis...but it wasn't out of control and I didn't feel mastered by it. For this I'm thankful to God.

Eating today:

0-5 at 8:30am
0-5 at 11:30am (I had some lunchtime dessert about an hour after I ate my main course)
0-5 at 5:00pm

1 comment: