Friday, November 7, 2008

Counting My Blessings...

Snow.
We woke up to everything covered in white! Winter has come! And it's beautiful:-)

Winter jackets.
I'm very thankful for a nice warm winter coat, scarf, mitts and boots! Being warm. That's something to be thankful for.

Remembrance Day service at school.
The students at my children's school held their remembrance day service today. It was a beautiful service centered around the theme "Grateful to be a Canadian." My daughter had many parts in the program--singing in the choir, a small group solo and also playing on the "xylophone"-style instruments. I was just so proud of her, as I saw her using her musical gifts for such good. Her whole face glowed and it was such a joy to see her bobbing up and down (the only one in the choir doing that!) during the music! I could tell she was joyful:-)

Freedom.
I'm thankful for our freedoms. I don't take the choices we have for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment