Friday, November 28, 2008

My New Alarm Clock

My husband hates setting the alarm anytime before 7am. Throughout the years I've gone through times when I wanted to get up prior to 7am and have time with the Lord or to fit in some exercise. But I really needed an alarm clock to wake me up, so this has been a problem!

Wednesday I woke up super early (for me) - 5am. I was tossing and turning and just couldn't fall asleep. So finally at 6am I decided I would just have some time with God. What a wonderful time it was!

One scripture that was highlighted in my devotions was,
O Lord, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress. Isaiah 33:2


"Be our strength every morning," kept resonating with me. I just couldn't shake that phrase. I realized that God was impressing on me the importance on spending time with Him first thing in the day. And that got me to thinking that since I have a problem with the physical alarm clock I could instead trust God to be my "alarm clock" each and every morning! So I am now asking the Lord to wake me up at whatever time He thinks I need to get up so I can spend time with Him.

------------------------------

I went on a search for more scriptures that pertain to seeking God in the morning and here's what I found...

In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice;
in the morning I lay my requests before you
and wait in expectation.
Psalm 5:3

But I will sing of your strength,
in the morning I will sing of your love;
Isaiah 59:16

But I cry to you for help, O LORD;
in the morning my prayer comes before you.
Psalm 88:13

Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love,
that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days.
Psalm 90:14

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love,
for I have put my trust in you.
Show me the way I should go,
for to you I lift up my soul.
Psalm 143:8

It is good to praise the LORD
and make music to your name, O Most High,
to proclaim your love in the morning
and your faithfulness at night,
to the music of the ten-stringed lyre
and the melody of the harp.
Psalm 92:1-3

Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed. Mark 1:35

------------------------------


I want to "feast" at the Lord's table in the morning so I can be renewed and refreshed and recharged for a new day walking moment by moment with Him. So I ask Him to wake me up in the morning, to be my "alarm clock"! I think that is pretty cool!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your prayers over my recent post. It's amazing that we can trust God to wake us up when He wants us to get up. I enjoyed reading the scriptures you posted about morning. This post convicted me to also ask God to wake me up so I can spend time with Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE my mornings with our Lord. I LOVE when He wakes me up to spend time with Him. I do have an alarm clock, it is set though on a Christian radio station, so at times I am awoken with either praise, or a preacher that is saying something that touches my heart even before my eyes are opened. I have the alarm set for 5 a.m. each morning, but the lately the Lord has been waking me up so I just turn the alarm off without having it even go off.
    People keep saying, "I don't have the time, I have so much to do, I can't get up that early". For not having time, I keep reminding them as the Lord did for one of His in the bible where He moved time back, God does that for us also, if we place our times in His hands. I find each and every morning I start my day with Him, I'm able to accomplish MUCH more than if I hadn't..that is God! If I don't spend time with Him, my days are really hell on earth. I have experienced what it is like to spend time with Him and not spend time with Him. I'M NOT stopping from spending time with my Savior! For a person who could sleep till 2 pm., and now up at 5, sometimes 3 a.m....God CAN do the impossible if He has a willing heart to display His power and glory...
    I will pray for your time with Him, that He will do more than you could have ever imagined or hoped for. I'm excited for you..for your time with Him. Oh how He will lavish love you during these times beloved..!!!have lots of kleenex ready,,lol.

    ReplyDelete